We offer the following range of services under cardiology
- Stress Test (Treadmill Test)
- 2D Echo (Adult & Paediatric)
ECG , STRESS TEST
An electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG) is a test that checks for problems with the electrical activity of your heart. An EKG/ECG shows the heart's electrical activity as line tracings on paper. The spikes and dips in the tracings are called waves. The heart is a muscular pump made up of four chambers. The two upper chambers are called atria. The two lower chambers are called ventricles. A natural electrical system causes the heart muscle to contract. This pumps blood through the heart to the lungs and the rest of the body. The test usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
Stress tests are tests performed by a doctor and/or trained technician and reported by a consultant cardiologist to determine the amount of stress that your heart can manage before developing either an abnormal rhythm or evidence of ischemia (not enough blood flow to the heart muscle). The most commonly performed stress test is the exercise stress test.
We run both resting ECG and Stress test at PMS as seen in the image below with latest Siemens equipments to ensure reliable and accurate reports.
- Sometimes your ECG may look normal even when you have heart disease. For this reason, the ECG should always be looked at along with your symptoms, past health, and a physical exam. If needed, other test results should be looked at too.
- An ECG cannot predict whether you will have a heart attack.
- At first, an ECG done during a heart attack may look normal or unchanged from a previous ECG. So the ECG may be repeated over several hours and days to look for changes. These are called serial ECGs. ECGs are not recommended for people who are healthy and have no symptoms of heart disease.
- Sometimes doctors automatically schedule routine tests because they think that's what patients expect.
- Sometimes abnormal ECG results can be seen only during exercise or while you have symptoms. To check for these changes in the heartbeat, an ambulatory ECG or stress Test may be done.
- An ambulatory ECG is a type of portable, continuous ECG monitor.
- A stress Test is a type of ECG done during exercise. A resting ECG is always done before an exercise ECG test. Results of the resting ECG are compared to the results of the exercise ECG/Stress Test. A resting ECG may also show a heart problem that would make an exercise ECG unsafe.
FIND AND BOOK A TEST
Search thouugh our database to acquaint yourself with the list of tests you can take here with Paramount Medicals. Start by clicking the link below.
CLINICAL REFERRAL FORM
If you would like us to refer you to experts around the world, please fill this simple form. .